TWISTED INK SCREEN PRINTING
, United States
Twisted Ink is a quickly growing Custom Apparel company and we are looking to expand into a new town (Hillsborough, NJ). We produce all orders from our current location in Flemington and we are planning to move to a larger production facility later this year.
- Customer Service
So If You Are Someone Who Has
How ‘bout we skip right ahead to the center of the tootsie-pop? Our business is located in Flemington, NJ and looking to expand to a second location in Hillsborough (that’s where you come in).
We are biased — but we are definitely the coolest place to work, ever. And we are currently in the middle of disrupting the apparel decorating industry (you will see what we mean when you check out our website!).
Honestly, the job is not all roses and puppy dogs — there is some good news and some bad news.
Let’s get the bad news out of the way first:
1. The pay sucks. This is a commission dependent role so you will get paid for what you sell. We offer a base salary of $30,000 (pretty much minimum wage) plus your commission on top. That being said, if you are looking for a job where you can do nothing and get paid, this is not the job for you and would be considered the suckiest sales job ever.
2. Review point 1.
Now let’s talk about the good stuff:
1. Our Flemington office is super small and we’ve crammed in way too much equipment, 4 people, and sometimes a small child (don’t worry, he belongs to us). That being said, we bring the term “cozy” to a whole new level. Just think how “close” you will be with your co-workers?! Okay, so that part is maybe not the greatest, but there are some (truly) great things...
2. The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working directly with customers, our Flemington team, and every project is truly unique, so work never gets old.
3. We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus
on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
4. The hours are super flexible. We will work with your schedule to get a routine that works for you.
5. You will experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would
ever allow you to do. You will be able to dictate the work that you do.
6. After a year here, you get to share in our profits. Hellz yeah, you read that right!!! Every ninety days, all
our employees who have worked here for more than one year get to share in our company profit. Cha-ching!!!
7. We offer benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision after 6 months including dependent coverage. Other benefits include a free wardrobe! Let’s be real, we are in the custom apparel industry, we can hook you up with some pretty cool stuff 😉
7. We invest heavily into business and mindset training for our team. We believe that anything you do is 20% mechanics and 80% psychology. This is even more important for a sales role which is why we are committed to setting you up for success from day 1.
Now, let’s talk about the job requirements:
1. You need to be the type of person who gets joy out of getting things done quickly and correctly. We are known for our quick response times to customers and fast turnaround on orders. If it doesn’t make your skin crawl to have an inbox full of unread messages, please do not apply.
2. You will be on the computer a lot. So, an understanding of social media, email, navigating the web,
and other computer based stuff will be necessary.
3. You will be on the phone a lot. So, you need to enjoying talking with people and giving/getting
4. You need to be a person who loves to deliver outstanding experiences to other people. You know, you
need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good.
5. You need to nail down the details. You don’t need to race through work and get things done half-assed (we figured that one out ourselves). We need you to slow things down and get them done right.
6. We want you to be meticulous in your work. We are looking for a good, fun person, who gets shit done. (Oh and we occasionally swear at the office…not much…but sometimes a joke is only funny with an F-bomb).
7. You need to be a self starter. I know, that’s an annoying corporate buzz-word, I rolled my eyes too. But seriously, after a short 3-4 week training period you will be set up in an office in (hopefully) Hillsborough and completely responsible for yourself. We do have weekly 1 on 1 meetings with our founder Brandon and you will be able to constantly interact with our Flemington team, but you will never be micro-managed.
In short, your job is to help us grow our company and achieve world domination (not like a villain in a Pixar movie). And to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?).
Our office is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality.
But what we don’t expect is perfection or existing skills for you to qualify for this job. We can teach you that.
We expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude.
To learn more about us, check out TwistedInk.com.
If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer
from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get it…we prefer getting paid as well) this is what we
offer: This is a full time, sales job. The pay is $30,000 base plus commission (by our calculations anywhere from ($50,000 - $100,000 is a reasonable expectation to make) and the hours will be 35-45 a week. You must come into our office 3 to 5 times a week (sorry, but this is not a virtual job).
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you
are detailed oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position in the subject line of the
email you must include “I have found my type of peeps” in the subject line. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out
the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly
interested in this position.
We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time
to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is
to send a quick video in along with your resume. In your video tell us why you think you’re perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. This is purely for us to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.
We can’t wait to meet you!!!
- Present, promote, and sell products and services with convincing arguments to existing and prospective customers.
- Analyze customer needs and costs to meet their needs.
- Establish, maintain and develop positive customer and business relationships
- Maximize customer satisfaction by expediting resolution of customer problems and complaints
- Meet sales targets and achieve results on schedule.
- Coordinate sales output with team members and other departments.
- Create reports on customer needs, problems, questions, and interests, as well as on competitors and new products and services.
- Try continuously improve through feedback